- Training program for Semester 2 for year 2019
- Training Details When/Where
- Payment Details
- 2019 NZ Grappler Competition Calendar
- Sparring Protocol - The DO's and Don't
- Hall of Fame
- Auckland BJJ is IBJJF certified
- FOLLOW AUCKLANDBJJ.COM ON FACEBOOK
- Grappling Competition Dates for NZ 2019
- Auckland Clubs
- New Zealand Clubs
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- BJJ etiquette
- Auckland BJJ belt testing requirements
Sunday, 30 June 2013
First BJJ Black Belt from Tahiti
According to a poster in NZ Grappling Forum Face book group, I do not qualify for the list of New Zealanders who hold the rank of Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
I did all my BJJ training since white belt in Auckland for the past ten years.
I have a NZ citizenship but I was not born here.
Since I am not a Kiwi black belt, I will claim my heritage as I was born in Pirae, Papeete, Tahiti about 40 years ago.
I believe I am the first Tahitian who hold the rank of black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
I usually travel to Tahiti once a year to see my parents in Punaauia.
So if anyone in Tahiti wants a seminar or would welcome me for a class or two, please contact me.
Also, if someone in Tahiti already got a legit BJJ BB, I will happily retract my self claim of being the first Tahitian who hold the rank of black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.