- Training program for Semester 1 for year 2019
- Training Details When/Where
- Payment Details
- 2019 NZ Grappler Competition Calendar
- Sparring Protocol - The DO's and Don't
- Hall of Fame
- Auckland BJJ is IBJJF certified
- FOLLOW AUCKLANDBJJ.COM ON FACEBOOK
- Grappling Competition Dates for NZ 2019
- Auckland Clubs
- New Zealand Clubs
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- BJJ etiquette
- Auckland BJJ belt testing requirements
Wednesday, 18 September 2013
Training report: tomoe nage, arm bar defense, berimbolo
You can also do it from closed guard and is known as the balloon sweep.
It is very effective option to a guard pull.
If Uke defends, you can set up the tripod sweep.
The ground techniques were arm bar defence for the beginners.
We also covered berimbolo for the more advanced students.
Training concluded with 30 minutes rolling from stand up. 2 minutes stand up and 3 minutes rounds.
Stu will be flying to Japan for the Judo Masters on Thursday.
We hope that he improves his knowledge of drinking sake while getting thrown around by ex Judo Olympians.
Best of luck.
Do not break a leg!
News of the week
Keenan Cornelius received his black belt from Andre Galvao last week.
We are looking foward to watch him compete at the world cup as a black belt.
Brown belt divisions everywhere breathe a sigh of relief.