- When you enter the mats, shake the hands of everyone.
- We run a pretty relax dojo, we understand if you come late to training. Just enter the mats and get changed quickly.
- You do not need to ask permission to enter or leave the mats.
- Please do not talk loudly during the technical lesson as the instructor needs everyone attention
- Try to keep the chit chat to a minimum especially during rolling.
- Give time for your training partners to tap
- In case, you train with a beginner and he/she does not tap to a submission, just release as it could be dangerous and they do not know any better.
- No shoes on the mats
- your shoes should be facing the street and not the dojo.
- no water bottles inside the dojo and the changing room.
- Please dispose of your fingers tapes in the rubbish bin.
- The beginners have to be on cleaning duties (empty rubbish bin, sweep, mop etc.)
- Wash your gi all the time. Trim your nails, brush your teeth if you have bad breath.
- Do not brag or celebrate when submitting someone at training.
- Try to use the techniques of the day instead of your A game all the time
- Try to use more techniques than only strength
- Use the flip flops when using the toilets.
- No mandatory uniform. You can wear any color BJJ gi but if you plan to train Judo as well. I understand they prefer white gi.
- No cursing on the mats.
- When sparring, be aware of others training around you. If you get too close of higher belts, you need to gave them way.
- Please always wear your gi jacket during training. After training, please try to wear a t shirt. No bare back as we have ladies training at the dojo.
- If you are going to miss training a long period of time, please tell the instructor. You have a waiting list and we could end giving up your spot by error (thinking than you are not planning to come back).
- Training program for Semester 1 for year 2019
- Training Details When/Where
- Payment Details
- 2019 NZ Grappler Competition Calendar
- Sparring Protocol - The DO's and Don't
- Hall of Fame
- Auckland BJJ is IBJJF certified
- FOLLOW AUCKLANDBJJ.COM ON FACEBOOK
- Grappling Competition Dates for NZ 2019
- Auckland Clubs
- New Zealand Clubs
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- BJJ etiquette
- Auckland BJJ belt testing requirements
Sunday, 28 February 2016
This is all I can thing the moment. I might have to add some more later on.
another cool blog about do and dont of BJJgrrl