- Taking Junior Squad program for 2020 (term 1)
- Training program for Semester 1 for year 2020
- Training Details When/Where
- Payment Details
- 2019 NZ Grappler Competition Calendar
- Sparring Protocol - The DO's and Don't
- Hall of Fame
- Auckland BJJ is IBJJF certified
- FOLLOW AUCKLANDBJJ.COM ON FACEBOOK
- Grappling Competition Dates for NZ 2020
- Auckland Clubs
- New Zealand Clubs
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- BJJ etiquette
- Auckland BJJ belt testing requirements
- IBJJF certified black belt instructor
Saturday, 12 November 2016
Training report: Serge goes to Judo
Our sister club Auckland University Judo Club where we teach BJJ on Tuesday and Thursday has a class on Saturday at 11 am and finished around 12.30 pm.
Ben has been teaching the Saturday for the past 6 months and has program of techniques which he advertise and promote on his Facebook group.
The topic for today was exactly what I wanted to learn: Throw defense and a counter throw.
Ben also taught 4 grip breaking techniques which exactly what I need.
He continued the class with 3 chokes as well.
For sparring,we started from Ne Waza which I think is good instead of doing Tachi Waza first.
To be honest I felt a bit bad that I wore my BJJ gi which terribly tight fitting and unfair compare the Judo gi that others wore (which are more baggy).
Maybe I will borrow one from Stu or buy one.
Overall, a bunch of good guys and excellent teaching.
I shall go back.
Judo class are free for the Auckland BJJ students otherwise just check out their website for more information.