- Taking Junior Squad program for 2020 (term 1)
- Training program for Semester 2 for year 2019
- Training Details When/Where
- Payment Details
- 2019 NZ Grappler Competition Calendar
- Sparring Protocol - The DO's and Don't
- Hall of Fame
- Auckland BJJ is IBJJF certified
- FOLLOW AUCKLANDBJJ.COM ON FACEBOOK
- Grappling Competition Dates for NZ 2020
- Auckland Clubs
- New Zealand Clubs
- AFFILIATE PROGRAM
- BJJ etiquette
- Auckland BJJ belt testing requirements
- IBJJF certified black belt instructor
Sunday, 7 July 2019
Training report: Back Position
This week, we covered the topic of the back position for fundamentals.
This position is considered on the best position and is rewarded by 4 points (same the mount position).
We covered couple of escapes and many submissions from the back.
My favorite submission is the bow and arrow choke.
We also introduce the straight jacket system from John Danaher.
This system was created to trap one arm with your leg which means you have one hand to finish your submission attempt.
We are still taking new students at both locations.